5 Temmuz 2012 Perşembe

White Chocolate & Cranberry Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting

To contact us Click HERE


Baked this delicious cupcakes last week to fulfill my yearn for white chocolate taste. I bought 1 kg. of white chocolate and 1 kg. of dark chocolate "Lindt Baking Chocolate" from last trip back to visit my family in Bangkok. I love "Lindt White Chocolate" the most if compare to Valrhona or other brands else. You might think it sounds crazy just to hand carry theses 2 kg. of chocolate back to Singapore since here it's so easy to find baking chocolate in baking supplier shops but of course I could not find "Lindt". I'm using both of Valrhona cocoa powder and chocolate in my baking but these two types of chocolate will be more varieties as well.

After  I decided to bake something with white chocolate I was thinking of baking cupcakes or cookies then I was searching for interesting recipes on internet and finally found out this cupcake recipe from Baking Bites Website. There are so many interesting recipes and I always bake quick banana bread recipe which is my favorite banana bread ever from the website. Once I saw the white chocolate cupcake recipe with many good comments, I knew this was the one I was looking for.

I modified the recipe by adding dried cranberries just to give a little sweet & sour in my cupcakes also with some minor adjustments to suit my preference and I did not make white chocolate cream cheese frosting according to the original recipe but I used my leftover buttercream which I stored in the fridge for frosting. If you want to follow the original recipe, please go to http://bakingbites.com/2008/02/white-chocolate-cupcakes-with-white-chocolate-cream-cheese-frosting/
and here is my cupcake version:

White Chocolate & Cranberry Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting
Yield 15 cupcakes

Cake flour           1 1/2 cups
Baking powder   1 tsp.
Salt                      1/2 tsp.
White chocolate   4 oz. (melted)
Vanilla                1 tsp.
Eggs                    2
Unsalted butter   1/3 cup
Sugar                  140 g.
Milk                   1 cup + 1 Tbsp.
Dried cranberries 50 g. (chopped)

1. Sift cake flour, baking powder and salt in the bowl and add in dried cranberries. Stir well and set aside.
2. Beat butter and sugar with medium high speed till light and fluffy then add in eggs one at time. Following by melted white chocolate and vanilla. Beat to combine.
3. Working in two or three additions, alternate adding flour and milk. (Starting with flour and ending with flour) Mix till incorporate.
4. Use ice cream scoop to divide the batter equally into paper cases in muffin pan.
5. Bake in preheat oven at 160C for 20-25 mins.
*Use any of your favorite frosting for the cupcakes

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder