9 Temmuz 2012 Pazartesi

Chicken Sour Cream Quiche with French Tart Dough Recipe

To contact us Click HERE


Been busy the whole of last week and I missed baking so much! Last week was DH's birthday but I have not got a chance to bake his birthday cake. Last night he told me that he's missing my homemade quiche so I decided to fullfill his thought....

I wanted to make new filling for this quiche and I found "Chicken Sour Cream Quiche" from www.allrecipes.com also I found a new method of making tart dough from http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2009/05/french-tart-dough-a-la-francaise/

I was so excited about new method of making tart dough and keen to know how it's going to turn out! If you are looking for easy method and great taste of tart dough which can be applied for sweet or savory, this recipe will not make you fail. Though I only tried the recipe once but I'm quite sure it works well and I will definitely use this recipe again. The buttery and flaky tart dough is superb in my opinion moreover it's super easy to make as well. I was so glad to find this recipe and thank you to Paule Caillat & David Lebovitz for sharing it to public.

My quiche filling has been adjusted in my own way with some inspiration from all www.allrecipes.com by using sour cream into the filling, it was something new to me for using sour cream but I did not have sour cream on hand then I substitued with whipping cream and vinegar and the tart dough I followed exactly to the original recipe only adjusted amount of sugar coz I was afraid of it might be too sweet. The quiche came out very good I love the tart and filling wise also great. Here is my version:

French Tart Dough Recipe
9" Tart Pan/Pie Dish

Unsalted butter 90 g.
Canola oil 1 Tbsp.
Water 3 Tbsp.
Sugar 2 tsp.
Salt 1/8 tsp.
All purpose flour 150 g.

1. In a medium-sized ovenproof bowl combine butter, oil, water, sugar, and salt.
2. Place the bowl in the oven for 15 minutes, until the butter is bubbling and starts to brown just around the edges.
3. When done, remove the bowl from oven (and be careful, since the bowl will be hot and the mixture might sputter a bit), dump in the flour and stir it in quickly, until it comes together and forms a ball which pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
4. Place the dough to a 9-inch tart mold and spread it a bit with a spatula. Once the dough is cool enough to handle, pat it into the shell with the heel of your and, and use your fingers to press it up the sides of the tart mold.
5. Prick the dough all over with the tines of a fork, then bake the tart shell in the oven at 200C for 15 mins. Let the shell cool before filling.

Chicken Sour Cream Filling

Chicken fillet (Diced)
Bell pepper (Sliced)
Onion (Diced)
Potato (Diced)
Carrot (Diced)

1. Saute onion, potato, carrot & chicken with 1 tsp of butter till the chicken meat is cooked then add in sliced bell pepper. Seasoning with salt and black pepper as you prefer. Set aside to cool down completely.

Eggs 2
Yolk 1
Milk 50 g.
Whipping cream 100 g.
Vinegar 1 tsp.

1. Mix vinegar and whipping cream together till it forms a thick mixture.
2. Beat eggs and yolk just to combine and add milk then sour cream or (1). Stir to combine.
3. Seasoning with salt and black pepper.
4. Fill up the sautéed chicken into the tart shell and pour the mixture over. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
5. Baked in the preheat oven 170C for 20-25 mins.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder