5 Temmuz 2012 Perşembe

Cranberry Cream Scones

To contact us Click HERE



I love having afternoon tea and my favorite item must be scone. Though I often bake scones but I always use my favorite recipe all the time since I thought it is the perfect scone I ever had. 


The ideal of trying new scone recipe came across when I had leftover whipping cream and I was searching for interesting recipes which require whipping cream as the ingredient. Finally, I end up with this cream scone recipe by Dorie Greenspan who is a famous cookbook author. Her best seller book is "Baking from My home to Yours". There are many bloggers who tried her recipes from this book and posted on their blogs with good compliments on her recipes. 


I found the recipe from www.recipegirl.com but I substituted currants with dried cranberries because I do not fancy currants or raisins. Also my scones were in round shape not triangle shape like the original one. One more thing which I added to the scones was corse sugar dusting on top. 


I was so happy with the final products and really enjoyed eating them with a cup of tea. If you are scone lover like me, this is a must try recipe :)


Cranberry Cream Scones


All purpose flour            2    cups
Baking powder               1    Tbsp.
Salt                               1/4 tsp.
Sugar                             2    Tbsp.
Unsalted butter              5    Tbsp. (chill & cut into small pieces)
Egg                                1
Whipping cream             2/3  cups
Dried cranberries           3/4  cups (cut into small pieces)
*Corse sugar for dusting on top


1. Center a rack in the oven and preheat the oven to 200C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, stir the egg and cream together.
3. Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl. Drop in the butter and using fingers toss to coat the pieces of butter with flour. Quickly working with your fingertips or a pastry blender to cut and rub the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture is pebbly.
4. Pour the egg, cream and cranberries over the dry ingredients and stir with a fork just until the dough is wet and sticky then come together. Don't overdo it. Still in the bowl, gently knead the dough by hand, or turn it with a rubber spatula 8 to 10 times.
5. Lightly dust a work surface with flour and turn out the dough. Press the dough into a rough circle with the thickness around 3/4" - 1" and cut with glass or round cutter and place on the parchment paper.
6. Bake for 20-22 mins.




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder