9 Temmuz 2012 Pazartesi

Blueberry Pound Cake

To contact us Click HERE


Since I got my Nordicware Bundt Pan from DH as Christmas present, have not got a chance to use till last week. I saw the recipe of Elvis Presley's Favorite Pound Cake according to this link http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Elvis-Presleys-Favorite-Pound-Cake-232642 and it's really catching my attention due to many good feedbacks for this pound cake if you search around with google.com I told myself I could not miss this recipe when I saw the post from Anncoo Journal with her blueberry pound cake which she had adjusted in her own version so I decided to make it coz I had all ingredients on hand and I felt excited to my 1st time using new bundt pan :)

I did half from the original recipe same as the post from Anncoo but I did not follow her version exactly coz I changed amount of whipping cream, used top flour (super fine flour), added blueberries only 125 g and modified the method of mixing the batter. In case of I was new in using the bundt pan I was quite afraid of unmold problem but at the end my pound cake came out easily with a nice bundt pan pattern also the taste was incredibly good! It had fine crumbs & buttery taste! I found it was great with blueberries to add a bit little sour in the cake rather than only plain butter cake. Here is my version and method:


Blueberry Pound Cake

Top flour / Cake flour 180 g.
Salt 1/2 tsp.
Unsalted butter 125 g.
Caster sugar 180 g.
Large eggs 3
Vanilla 1/2 tsp.
Good quality dairy whipping cream 200 g.
Fresh blueberries 125 g. (Coated with 1 tsp. of top flour or cake flour and set aside)

1. Sift flour and salt together 3 times and set aside.
2. Beat unsalted butter (I used cold butter) till creamy and add in sugar then beat with medium high speed about 5 mins till light and fluffy.
3. Mix eggs and vanilla in the bowl then gradually add into the butter and beat well till incorporate.
4. Add sifted flour alternate with whipping cream (flour, whipping cream, flour, whipping cream, flour) and beat well. Scrap down the bowl and continue beating the batter for 2 minutes more. You will get a satiny and creamy batter.
5. Add in blueberries and fold into the batter. Pour the batter to the greased & floured bundt pan.
6. Put the bunt pan in the cold oven (Do not preheat the oven) and bake at 170C for 35-40 mins.
7. Cool on the wire rack for 40 mins before unmold and cool completely before serving.

Special Thanks: Anncoo Journal for being my inspiration of this blueberry pound cake.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder