4 Temmuz 2012 Çarşamba

Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

To contact us Click HERE



Cannot believe myself... I was waiting so long about a year to try this recipe from browneyedbaker.com
The main reason was the food coloring amount in these cupcakes which really made me scared.

By right, the original recipe comes from The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook. From the source, I was quite sure that it will definitely work well since Hummingbird Bakery is so famous for their cupcakes and after I read browneyedbaker's blog, she even gave me more confidence to bake and also people who tried the recipe and left comments on her blog as well.

I would like to say that I was so in love with the cupcakes this time though this was not my first time baking red velvet cake. I baked red velvet cake before 1 or 2 years ago using joyofbaking's recipe at my fried's place and I did like it. But compare with Hummingbird's recipe, I was really happy and love it! They had a right color of "Red Velvet", right texture "Soft, Fluffy & Moist" and of course they were delicious with a tiny taste of chocolate. These cupcakes go well with cream cheese frosting but I also used vanilla buttercream as optional for my mother in law because she does not like cream cheese. For my opinion, they were great with both frostings. I will definitely bake these cupcakes again and hope to try baking as a whole cake for some special occasion in the future too.

Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Unsalted butter                4      Tbsp.
Granulated sugar             3/4   cup
Egg                                 1
Cocoa powder                2 1/2 Tbsp.
Red food coloring           3       Tbsp.
Vanilla                            1/2     tsp.
Buttermilk                       1/2    cup
All purpose flour            1 cup + 2 Tbsp.
Salt                                 1/2     tsp.
Baking soda                   1/2     tsp.
Distilled white vinegar   1 1/2  tsp.

1. On medium high speed, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy about 3 mins. Turn the mixer to high speed and add in egg mix well.
2. Mix cocoa powder, red food coloring and vanilla to make a thick paste. Add to the batter and mix with medium speed till combined.
3. Reduce the mixer to low speed and add in half of buttermilk then half of flour and mix till combined. Add the remaining buttermilk follows by the rest of flour. Use high speed to mix well.
4. Reduce the mixer to low speed, add in salt, baking soda and vinegar. Turn to high speed and mix another couple minutes until completely combined.
5. Divide the batter equally into the muffin pan lined with paper cases. Bake in the preheat oven 175C for 20-25 mins.

Cream Cheese Frosting

Unsalted butter               4       oz.
Cream cheese                 4       oz.
Powdered sugar             2 1/2 cups
Vanilla                           1       Tbsp.

Using whisk attachment, whip the butter and cream cheese on high speed for 5 mins. Reduce the speed to low and slowly add in powdered sugar, mix till incorporated. Add in vanilla, mix to combine. Increase the mixer to medium high speed and whip for a few minutes until the frosting is light and fluffy. Use this to frost the cupcakes.

Special Thanks: browneyedbaker.com for giving me the inspiration to bake this cupcakes

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder