5 Temmuz 2012 Perşembe

Chocolate Sponge Cake Loaf

To contact us Click HERE


First of all, I have to say thank you to this blog "Happy Home Baking" who gave me immediately an inspiration once I saw her post of Chocolate Sponge Cake last week. I could not make up my mind what to bake in the first place and I wanted to use up all whipping cream before it'll be expired soon. In the same time, I was craving for some chocolate so her post could answer all my needs.


Actually the original recipe which she mentioned require whipping cream but she used yogurt as substitution, I preferred to follow the original one because using whipping cream is my main intention. Moreover, getting this loaf cake it uses sponge method which I found it's quite interesting.


The cake came out not too sweet which I like and texture wise was good than normal loaf cakes which tend to be dense. It was quite soft, moist and had tender crumbs but not very soft like you make normal sponge cake. Overall this is a good recipe if you are looking for some tea cake recipe and you do not like something too sweet.


Chocolate Sponge Cake Loaf


Cake flour              80  g.
Cocoa powder        20  g.
Baking powder         3  g.
Baking soda             1   g.
Salt                        1   g.
Eggs (large)             2
Caster sugar           90   g.
Canola oil              50   ml.
Whipping cream     50   ml.
Vanilla                 1 1/2 tsp.


1. Sift cake flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda & salt 3 times then set aside.
2. Whisk egg and sugar with electric mixer in high speed for 5 mins till the batter is thicken and leaves a ribbon like tail when lift up the paddle. Change to low speed and whisk for 1 minute and off the mixer.
3. Divide flour into 3 portion and sift over the batter each portion. Use spatula fold to combine gently. Be careful not to deflate the bubbles in the batter.
4. Remove some batter to another bowl and add in oil, whipping cream and vanilla. Mix till combine and pour back to the batter. Fold gently to combine all.
5. Pour the batter into the loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Tap the pan on the work surface a few times to release the air bubbles.
6. Bake in the preheat oven 170C for 25-30 mins.


Special Thanks: happyhomebaking.blogspot.com for sharing this good recipe

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder