4 Temmuz 2012 Çarşamba

Heart Shaped Thai Tea Chocolate Chip Scones

To contact us Click HERE


Afternoon tea is my favorite time especially when I have no plan for going outside. Just stay clam and relax myself at home with a cup of tea and delicious scones, it's so perfect!

I'm still in the mode of wanting to try many recipes from cookpad.com and this time I tried the scone recipe which the original name is "Easy Kentucky Biscuit". The photo of this recipe was really catching my heart and finally got ready to try after first time seeing the photo.

My question before baking was I wanted to get sweet scones rather than plain type so I decided to add in chocolate chips. Another special thing for this scones was I turned them into Thai Tea Flavor. I'm a "Thai Tea Fan" what ever drinks or desserts with Thai Tea, I always love them.

The scones came out very delicious with Thai Tea aroma. The texture was crispy outside and soft inside which I guessed it must be the combination of cake flour and bread flour (many japanese scone recipes always use these two types of flour or only cake flour for baking scones).

Here is my version with a few minor adjustments from the original recipe:

Thai Tea Chocolate Chip Scones

Cake flour                    100    g.
Bread flour                   150    g.
Baking powder            1+1/2 Tbsp.
Pinch of salt
Unsalted butter             70      g. (Cold)
Honey                          1        Tbsp.
Milk                             130    g.
Thai Tea powder         2        Tbsp.
Chocolate chips           50      g.

1. Put milk in the microwave proof bowl and heat up till hot. Add in Thai Tea powder and stir well, set aside for 5 mins. Drain Thai Tea Milk out to get amount 130 g and leave it to cool to room temperature then put into the fridge.
2. Sift cake flour, bread flour, baking powder & salt together. Add in cold butter and use pastry blender to cut flour and butter till get a pea sized lumps. Add in chocolate chips and stir to combine.
3. Mix cold Thai tea milk with honey and pour over the flour mixture. Use fork to toss the flour to combine with wet ingredient till get the moist dough.
4. Transfer the dough on the lightly floured surface and pat the dough to circle with the thickness around 2cm. Using the round cookie cutter or any shapes which you prefer to cut out the dough and place them on greased baking tray.
5. Brush the top of the scones with milk and bake in the preheat oven 200C for 12-15 mins.

Special Thanks: www.cookpad.com

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder