20 Haziran 2012 Çarşamba

Sausage Pot Pie

To contact us Click HERE


This "Sausage Pot Pie" became one of my favorite quick lunch when I feel lazy to cook. The method I did for this pot pie was very easy and no need of measuring ingredients.

The day I tried making them, I just searched for pot pie recipe and read through a few recipes. Most of them require to make white sauce or béchamel for stuffing so I made my own but without messuring the ingredients and tasted with my preference. It's quite easy to make and could provide a quick meal especially if you have the frozen puff pastry dough in your freezer.

Basically, the white sauce or béchamel is made from butter, flour and milk with some seasoning like black pepper and salt to get a thick white sauce. I suggest you to try making your own as I did and you will agree how easy it could be.

Sausage Pot Pie

*Ready to use frozen puff pastry dough

*Stuffing for Sausage Pot Pie
Garlic sausages (diced)
Cooked green peas, corn, carrots
Cooked potatoes (diced)

*White Sauce / Bechamel
Unsalted butter
All purpose flour
Milk
Salt
Black pepper

1. Melt butter in the sauce pan over the medium heat then add in flour and stir well for 1-2 mins.
2. Pour in milk and keep stirring till you get a thick white sauce then add in salt and pepper as you desire.
3. Add in sausages, green peas, corn, carrot, potatoes and cook for 3-5 mins.
4. Add the stuffing into ramekins or oven proof bowls as needed.
5. Take out the puff pastry dough from the freezer and cut it out in round shape or square shape which can use to cover the ramekins or bowls. Use egg wash to seal the dough with the bowls.
6. Brush the top dough with egg wash and bake in the preheat oven according to your pastry dough instruction on the package.
7. Serve them hot and enjoy a delicious quick meal!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder