20 Haziran 2012 Çarşamba

Delicious White Chocolate Japanese Mousse Cake

To contact us Click HERE





Was thinking what type of cake should I make for my BD.... Due to a very hot weather here, the mousse cake came across my mind and it was a right choice coz eating something's cold will probably help your body to cool down.

If you notice my blog, it's so easy to guess what color I like :) and this was a reason why my BD cake came out with a very sweet pink color though it was white chocolate mousse cake. This cake was indeed perfect for me who loves pink and white chocolate!

I chose my favorite Japanese sponge cake recipe to be a base coz it's light texture and can be kept in the fridge well without getting harder. For white chocolate mousse, I got the recipe from Thai food forum in www.pantip.com which the original recipe is white chocolate mousse with oreo pie crust base. It looks yummy with oreo crust as well but I rather wanted something more soft texture as cake. Since my cake was 7 inches diameter size and I only needed two mousse layers so I only halved the recipe.

White Chocolate Mousse
(2 mousse layers with 7 inches diameter cake size)

Milk                         1/2 + 1/8  cups
Gelatin powder        4              g.
White chocolate       165          g.
Whipping cream      1              cup

1. Sprinkle gelatin powder into milk and set aside for 10 mins.
2. Bring milk with gelatin to boil with low heat and keep stirring all the time till the gelatin powder is dissolved then off the heat.
3. Add in white chocolate and stir till chocolate melted and incorporate with milk. Set aside to cool down.
4. Beat the whipping cream with stand mixer or hand mixer till thicken and slowly add in white chocolate mixture then fold with rubber spatula till incorporate. It's ready to pour on top of your cake.
5. Chill the mousse cake over night before cutting.

Special Thanks: Khun Lumos from www.pantip.com in the food forum section



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder