20 Haziran 2012 Çarşamba

Coconut Almond Cookies

To contact us Click HERE


Been searching my cupboard which I usually store some baking ingredients, I discovered a big pack of dried coconut flakes. No other thing which I could think of.... coconut cookies!

Got the coconut cookies recipe from "never the last from bloggang.com" and I baked these cookies first time last Chinese New Year for my friend who loves coconut. She was really enjoyed eating them so much which was a good feedback. My mother in law also loves coconut and she loves this cookies as well. For this time I added chopped almonds as I preferred the crunchy texture with some nuts, other than that almonds and coconut is a good combination which will never went wrong especially in baking.

Coconut Almond Cookies

All purpose flour                  250  g.
Sugar                                    150  g.
Baking powder                     1/2  tsp.
Salt                                       1/4  tsp.
Unsalted butter                     170  g.
Egg                                       1
Coconut essence                   1/2 tsp.
Coconut flakes                      1 3/4 cups.
Roasted almonds (chopped)  50 g.

1. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together then set aside.
2. Beat butter and sugar with medium high speed till light and fluffy.
3. Slowly add in egg and coconut essence then beat till incorporate.
4. Add flour to the mixture and mix with low speed then add coconut flakes and chopped almonds. Mix till incorporate.
5. Use ice cream scoop to get the cookie dough on the baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake in the preheat oven 170C for 20 mins.

*Special Thanks: Khun never the last for sharing the coconut cookies recipe

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder