21 Eylül 2012 Cuma

Valentine's Day 2012 "BLUE-RIBBON CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES"




I was thinking what to bake for DH on this Valentine's Day.... this cookie came across my mind when I looked back to the photos what I baked for him the whole last year. The blue-ribbon chocolate chip cookies from Mrs. Fields was the first bake item I baked for him since we were just boyfriend and girlfriend. I baked them for him to bring back to eat in Singapore when he was visiting me in Bangkok 4 years ago and he loved these cookies very much. I only baked them again the first year I started baking here and quite wondered how I forgot about this recipe! I guessed it would be a good choice to remind him of our special memory with this cookies also I have not shared this recipe on my blog. For these two reasons were enough for me to prepare ingredients and started baking.

Blue-Ribbon Chocolate Chip Cookies by Mrs. Fields

All-purpose flour 2 1/2 cups
Baking soda 1/2 tsp.
Salt 1/4 tsp.
Dark brown sugar 1 cup (packed)
Granulated sugar 1/2 cup
Salted butter 1 cup
Large eggs 2
Vanilla extract 2 tsp.
Semi-sweet chocolate chips 12 ounces

1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees (150C). In a medium bowl combine flour, soda, and salt. Mix well with wire whisk. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, blend sugars at medium speed. Add butter and mix to form a grainy paste, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add eggs and vanilla extract, and mix at medium speed until just blended. Do not overmix. Add the flour mixture and chocolate chips, and blend at low speed until just mixed. (Again, do not overmix.)
3. Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons onto an un-greased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake low and slow for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer cookies immediately to a baking rack or cool surface.

Note: For our preference, we love crispy cookies than soft & chewy type so I bake the cookies a bit longer to get them crispier.

*********Happy Valentine's Day 2012*********

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder