21 Eylül 2012 Cuma

Brownie Cake with Honey Almond Crust




It's been a month which I never turned my oven on since I went for oversea trip. Just happened to start my baking again yesterday since I was hungry for some sweets.

This is another one of my baking items which has been requested from family members quite often. I decided to make this and wanted to try making it more special than last time. I found "Honey Almond Crust" from nasilemaklover.blogspot.sg and it looks interesting. I immediately noted down the recipe and got an ideal to put on my brownie cake.

The recipe for this brownie cake or I called it as cakey brownie, I posted previously here http://thesweetmaison.blogspot.sg/2011/05/cakey-brownies-or-brownies-in-butter.html Also with the experiment by topping with honey almond crust, it's even more yummy! Thought I did not follow the original recipe because I used chopped raw almond (the original recipe uses sliced almond) but the topping turned out good too. 

I'm so glad that I baked it with this new combination and the topping really made my brownie looks fantastic and gives more crunchy texture when you are eating. I do like this topping so much and will try it with other food next time for sure.

Cakey Brownie or Brownie in Butter Cake Style

Unsalted butter            200  g.
Icing                           200  g.
Cake flour                   120  g.
Baking powder             2     g.
Salt                             2     g.
Cocoa powder             20    g.
Eggs                           4
Vanilla                       1/2-1 tsp.

Honey Almond Crust

Chopped raw almonds   90  g.
Honey                          50  g.
Butter                          30  g.

1. Sift flour, baking powder, salt & cocoa powder then set aside.
2. Beat butter and icing till smooth and fluffy then gradually add egg once at time (I always beat eggs and vanilla together before slowly pour into the mixing bowl to prevent the butter and egg separated).
3. Divide flour into 2 portions and add each portion to the batter and mix well. Pour the batter into greased 8 inches square pan lined with parchment paper then smooth the top.
4. Bake in preheat oven at 160C for 20-25 mins (Check by using toothpick insert out and there's no sticky batter).
5. Mix chopped almonds, honey and butter in a small saucepan then heat to melt the butter and honey. Stir over to make sure that all almonds well coated with honey butter.
6. Top the honey almond crust on the brownie and bake in the oven at 180C for 8-10 mins till almonds are roasted and turn to be golden brown color.
7. Wait for the brownie to cool down to room temperature before unmold.

Special Thanks: nasilemaklover.blogspot.sg for sharing a great topping recipe

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder