21 Eylül 2012 Cuma

Savory Sausage & Cheese Scones



This is one of my favorite bakery which goes well with a cup of tea or coffee especially for your afternoon tea time. DH and I are fan of biscuit & scone so I often bake both of them for either breakfast or afternoon tea. I posted the scone recipe in my blog long time back and I still like the recipe coz the scones are very nice, easy to make and good taste.

My previous post, I baked Ham & Cheese Scones http://thesweetmaison.blogspot.com/2010/11/ham-cheese-scone.html but today I wanted to use sausages instead and nother one ingredient which I added in the recipe this time, it was black pepper coz I wanted to make tasty savory scones I guessed It would work well and here is the recipe:

Savory Sausage & Cheese Scones

All purpose flour 250 g.
Baking powder 13 g.
Salt 1 tsp
Sugar 20 g.
Unsalted butter 65 g. (cold)
Milk 75 g. (cold)
Egg 1
Grated cheddar cheese 40 g. (Cold)
Sausages 60 g. (cut into small pieces)
Black pepper (as you prefer)

1. Put grated cheese & sausages in the fridge. Mix egg with buttermilk and put in the fridge (we need all these ingredients to be cold)
2. Cut the butter into cube size and put in the freezer.
3. Shift flour, baking powder and salt into mixing bowl and add in sugar & black pepper then stir to combine.
4. Add in cold butter and use pastry blender to cut flour and butter till get pea-sized pieces then pour the cold wet ingredient (1) and mix by using fork to combine and add in cheese & sausages.
5. Put cling film* on the counter top and put the mixture on top of cling film then use cling film try to wrap the mixture till get a dough (Do not knead the mixture).
6. Remove the cling film and dust some flour on the counter top then place the dough. Shape the dough into flat circle with 1-1.5 inch thick and use round biscuit cutter which has been dipped in flour to cut the scones. Place the scones on the greased baking sheet.
7. Brush the scones on top with egg wash and bake in preheat oven at 180-190C for 15-25 mins

*Remarks: You can just dust the counter top with flour (no cling film) and try to combine the mixture to get a dough but must remember not to knead the dough.

The final outcome was great as I wanted my savory scone to be. Though the black pepper taste was not as much as I expected but I found it was not bad to add herbs or spices to make your own favorite scones.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder