30 Eylül 2012 Pazar

Mooncakes for Mid-Autumn Festival 2012

To contact us Click HERE

My home-baked mini mooncakes with 3 types of filling (Durian & Salted Egg Yolk, Custard, Durian & Custard)


1st time learning how to make mooncakes

First of all, I would like to say "Happy Mid-Autumn Festival" to everyone. This year, the date falls on September 30 and I had a chance to make my own traditional mooncakes for my family earlier to celebrate this festival.
This was not the first time I made mooncakes myself, I made mini snow skin mooncakes first year when I moved here for good and that was the only one time for my attempt till early September this year. One of my good friend invited me to try baking traditional mooncakes at her place, I was so excited to learn from her. During we were making, I got so much knowledge from her which were the recipe, shaping, moulding, baking, etc. I was appreciated that she invited me to learn unless I will not really want to try making the traditional mooncakes myself since I always thought it's difficult to do. 
By right, I was totally wrong about my ideal because it's not too difficult to make our own mooncakes and it's so much fun making them also you can eat the freshly baked mooncakes with a good qualities ingredients as your preference. Although you might have to be patient enough to eat them after you finish baking for 2-3 days or when the mooncake skin is getting softer but it's really worth for waiting. After I practiced at my friend's place, I made my own again last Friday. My mooncakes have 3 types of filling which are durian filling with salted egg yolk, durian & custard filling and custard filling. The custard filling was leftover since I made custard buns. 
My family's so happy about these home-baked mooncakes thought I find my mooncakes was not as good as I expected. But all experiences I learnt this time, I hope to get a perfect mooncakes for the next attempt.
Mini Traditional Mooncakes
*Skin*Hong Kong flour (1)      400  g.Canola oil                       200  g.Lyles golden syrup         425  g.Alkaline water                 1     Tbsp.Hong Kong flour (2)      300  g.
*Filling*Durian paste divided into round shape each 30 g.Custard filling divided into round shape each 30 g.
1. Mix canola oil, golden syrup and alkaline water together. Stir till incorporate.2. Sift flour(1) into to the syrup mixture and use wooden spoon to stir till well mixed. Wrap with cling film and rest for at least 1 hour.3. Sift in flour (2) to the mixture and knead till get the smooth dough. Wrap with cling film and rest for 10 mins.4. Divide the dough to 20 g. for each portion and shape it likes a ball. Flatten each dough and place the filling to the middle and wrap up likes a ball then press it into the mould (dust with some flour) and press the dough out on the greased baking tray.5. Bake in the preheat oven at 200C for 10-15 mins. and take out from the oven. Brush with egg yolk then put into the oven again to bake for another 10 mins.
Special Thanks: P'Mon MaeJJ for teaching me how to make mooncake and Khun Tonaoi for sharing a great mooncake recipe

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder