30 Eylül 2012 Pazar

Lemon Apricot Yogurt Cake

To contact us Click HERE


I've been busy these few weeks and no time to bake or cook anything much as often. Since I got 2 lemons in my fridge and could not think of what to use them for, I suddenly got an idea to bake something with them. There were 2 items in my mind "Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Cake" or "Blueberry Lemon Buttermilk Bundt Cake"and I went for yogurt cake because I wanted to use up my strawberry yogurt too.

The original recipe I got it from smitten kitchen as in this link http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2008/04/lemon-yogurt-anything-cake/ but I rather wanted to bake my cake in square pan than loaf pan also I had to modify the recipe according to what I had on hand. Here is my version:

Lemon Apricot Yogurt cake

All purpose flour               1 1/2 cup
Baking powder                 2       tsp.
Salt                                    1/2    tsp.
Strawberry yogurt             1       cup
Sugar                                1       cup
Eggs (large)                      3
Lemon zest                       2       tsp.
Vanilla                             1/2     tsp.
Melted butter                   1/2     cup
Dried apricot                    1       cup (chopped into small pieces & coated with 1 Tbsp all purpose flour)
Lemon juice                    1/3     cup + sugar 1 Tbsp.

1. Sift flour, baking powder & salt together into the mixing bowl and make a well in the middle.
2. Combine eggs, yogurt, sugar, vanilla, lemon zest & melted buter together till incorporate and pour the mixture into dry ingredient. Mix well with spatula and add in dried apricots, fold well.
3. Pour the batter into the greased 8"square pan lined with parchment paper at the bottom. Smooth up the top nicely.
4. Bake in the preheat oven 175C for 30-35 mins
5. When baking the cake, mix lemon juice with sugar and bring to boil till the sugar dissolved and the mixture becomes transparency then set aside.
6. Once the cake is done, leave it the cool down on the rack for 10 mins. Flip out the cake and use the pastry brush to put the lemon syrup on top of the cake and let it to be completely cool down to room temperature.

The cake texture had a great scent of lemon syrup and lemon zest moreover strawberry meat & apricot in the cake adding some special texture as well. For best taste with the moist texture, keeping it overnight will be a great idea before consuming the cake.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder