23 Eylül 2012 Pazar

Sandwich Loaf Bread


There are many recipes from Cookpad Japan which I'm keeping in my baking lists and this time I selected "Hard Crunchy Bread" to try. From the original recipe, this bread has to bake in high temperature likes 200-210C but I did not want my loaf too much brown at the outer part since I will toast it for making sandwich so I adjusted the temperature lower and it came out with a perfect color.

As usual, I like to substitute 20 g of bread flour with organic wholemeal flour, other than that I followed the original recipe. Though my bread is not crunchy at the outer part like the original one but the taste wise is great with soft and light texture. It is really perfect for toasting and spread butter, peanut butter, jam or good for making sandwich as well.

Sandwich Loaf Bread

Bread flour        300 g. (I used bread flour 280 g + organic wholemeal flour 20 g)
Sugar                 15  g.
Salt                    5    g.
Yeast                 4    g.
Warm water      200 g.
Unsalted butter 15   g.

1. Mix all dry ingredients except the butter together in the mixing bowl.
2. Pour warm water into the dry ingredients and start kneading with low speed till incorporate.
3. Use medium speed to knead the dough till become a ball and add in soft butter. Continue kneading until the dough is smooth and elastic.
4. Use cling film to wrap up the bowl and proof the dough for 45 mins to 1 hour (double in size).
5. Punch down the dough to release the air and divide into 3 portions equally. Shape each dough in round-shaped and cover with cling film to proof the dough for 20 mins.
6. Roll out each portion into rectangular and roll up like swiss roll then place it into the greased loaf pan. Cover with cling film and proof the dough for 45 mins to 1 hour.
7. Bake in preheat oven at 190-200C for 30 mins.

Remarks: if you prefer hard crunchy bread, you need to bake the loaf at 200-210C and bake it longer another 5 mins.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder