23 Mayıs 2012 Çarşamba

Salmon with Mustard-Dill Glaze

To contact us Click HERE

I have another recipe to share from my Christmasentertaining.  If you’re like me,and made a New Year’s resolution to eat healthier this year, this recipe will gofarther to help you with your goal than the cookie, fudge and appetizer recipesI shared during the holidays. I can’t blame the Salmon with Mustard-Dill Glazewe had on Christmas Eve for the scale trauma I had on January 1st.  (No, I enjoyed way too many helpings ofcookies, fudge and appetizers over the holidays, and am now paying the price onthe scale.) 
Margot, Jeff and their kids joined us again on Christmas Eve(we’ve been celebrating Christmas Eve together for 15 years.  What a great tradition!)  Margot is my hero!  She has been fighting colon cancer for fiveyears, and she watches what she eats carefully.  I like to make something she feels good about eating, so Salmonwith Mustard-Dill Glaze was one of the dishes I served for Christmas Eve.  I only started cooking fish a couple ofyear ago, and I never would have dreamed of serving it to guests until recently,but while I was enjoying my Christmas Eve dinner, I was thinking Salmon withMustard-Dill Glaze was perfect to serve to friends on Christmas Eve.
I generally will barbeque or poach salmon, so I’m glad Ifound a baked salmon recipe we like. The mustard and dill glaze tastes great on the salmon, and when you add thesour cream sauce, the salmon is delicious. But, what I like best about Salmonwith Mustard-Dill Glaze is it’s easy enough to serve on a weeknight, but it’sfancy enough to serve to guests.
Salmon with Mustard Dill GlazeAdapted from Holiday magazinePrintable Recipe 3 Lemons, 2 thinly sliced, 1 cut into wedges to serve withsalmon½ cup spicy brown mustard¼ cup mayonnaise (I used canola mayonnaise)2 tablespoons sugar2 tablespoons cider vinegar½ cup chopped fresh dill2-3 pounds boneless side of salmonkosher saltfreshly ground black pepper¾ cup light sour cream
Preheat the oven to 450°F.  Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray, and thenplace the lemon slices diagonally across the baking sheet.   Place the salmon, skin side downon the lemons, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
In a medium bowl, mix together the mustard, mayonnaise,sugar vinegar and dill.  Stir untilthe sugar dissolves.  Set asidehalf the mustard mixture.  Brushthe remaining mustard mixture on top of the salmon.  Bake the salmon until it is just opaque through, 13 to 15minutes.
Meanwhile, mix together the mustard mixture set asideearlier, and the sour cream. 
Place the salmon on a large platter with the lemon wedges,and serve it with the sour cream sauce.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder