11 Şubat 2013 Pazartesi

Crabby Snacks

To contact us Click HERE
This year, I’m on a mission to see more than one film nominated for an Academy Award—before the awards ceremony preferably! As of today, I have only seen two of the nominated movies. I saw Les Miserable with my daughter before she went back to Montana, and I saw Silver Linings Playbook last Friday night with a couple of girlfriends.

I thoroughly enjoyed Silver Linings Playbook, but the end was a little too romantic comedy for me after all the drama of the first half of the film. As I’m sure you’ve noticed, I am bit food obsessed, so in the movie when Delores (Jacki Weaver) implores her son Pat (Bradley Cooper) to stay and watch the Eagles game with his dad (Robert De Niro) by telling him she made crabby snacks and homemades, I sat in the theater (with a Junior Mint melting in my lap unfortunately), wondering what crabby snacks and homemades are.

Little did I know, I already had the answer (at least to what crabby snack are)! In fact, I’ve made crabby snacks and blogged about them here. The recipe I have refers to the cheesy crab snacks as Crab Corners, but they will now be known to me as Crabby Snacks! The Crabby Snacks were very popular at our Atomic 60’s party, and I have it on good authority they make a great Thanksgiving appetizer.

If you are having a themed Academy Awards party – something I’d like to do, if and when I see more than two nominated movies – Crabby Snacks would make a great addition to your buffet table. Oh, and homemades? That refers to homemade pasta.  

Crabby Snacks (formerly Crab Corners)
Printable Recipe

4 English muffins, split in half
1 6 ounce can crab, drained
1 jar Old English cheese
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon garlic salt
½ cup butter
dash of Tabasco sauce

Mix together the crab, old English cheese, mayonnaise, garlic salt, butter and Tabasco sauce. Spread crab mixture on the English muffin halves. Place muffins on a sheet pan, and put the sheet pan in the freezer until the muffins are fully frozen, about 4 hours or overnight. Remove from the freeze and cut the muffin halves into quarters. Place muffin quarters in plastic freezer bags and back into the freezer until ready to bake.

To Bake: Preheat the oven to 450°F. Place frozen crab corners onto a sheet pan, and bake for 10 minutes or until they are golden brown and bubbly.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder